“Lord, I want to reach more people for You. Why have You given me this desire to share You with others in their brokenness, if You aren’t going to have them respond to me when I do? There is so much to tell and I have learned to to trust You with my messy life – the real You, not some distortion of You were in my hurt from the past. Why can’t I go wider, deeper, or farther with others? I know what I want doesn’t contradict Your Word, but Your lack of confirmation is making me second-guess where I thought You were leading Me. What am I doing wrong?!
Have you ever thought those thoughts or had that kind of conversation with God?
Creates frustration doesn’t it?!
You were so sure you knew where He was leading next, but now you are not having the impact you wanted to have, in the way you imagined.
“Don’t fight what I am doing. Keep in step with Me. Where I am, there are full nets. Don’t run ahead or lag behind. Don’t veer to the left or to the right. Stay next to Me, the Good Shepherd, who will faithfully lead you to the very sheep I will use you to encourage and instruct. I never called you to go reach the world all by yourself. I provide the security, wisdom, and strength you need to do what I made you to do – but only when you stay near Me and trust Me.”
1. Seek HIS heart for you in the Word – His Spirit will guide you and other godly people will affirm it. Journal what He reveals.
2. LET Him lead you – be a good follower and trust HIS way. We can only get where He wants us to when we trust He knows the best way and the means to get us there.
3. Don’t compare yourself to how other sheep serve the Shepherd – Your call is from HIM and for HIM. Peter had the same concern with John and Jesus told him it was none of His business what He did with another one of HIS disciples.
4. Don’t measure yourself against the success of other sheep in the flock – the SHEPHERD gives the increase. The outcome WILL glorify God -let THAT be your goal. Be content in where and what He has you doing.
5. He will reach the world, YOU take the next step in obedience. He came to seek and save the lost and He ALWAYS finishes what He starts. Do the next thing you KNOW to do and He will do the rest.
I would love to hear from you. Let’s learn together, encourage one another, and affirm the things the Lord is teaching us about our identities in Him and the things He has for us to do through Him.
- In what ways have you felt less than effective for the Lord lately??
- How has He used others in the flock to give you course corrections?
- If you were to live out the steps above, how would your life be different?
- How could this message be encouraging to others in your life?
More here if this was encouraging to you: www.unchanginggodchangingyou.com You will find blog categories in the upper right hand corner, e-books to answer questions I know you have, and coaching packages to help you forward on your healing journey.