Here are a FEW that helped me:
- Jesus died for ALL of my mess, both what happened to me and what I did in response to the hurt. (Ephesians 2:1-10)
- He restored my soul and wants to shine through my cracks – in my weakness, others will see Jesus as strong and find hope for their mess. (2 Corinthians 4)
- God is my hope of healing and the Hero of my story. It is not about me – It is about Him redeeming my story. (1 Peter 1:3-9
- Confessing my shame, hurt, or collateral damage sin, enables me to enter the light of day and find fellowship with others on the journey of being healed and restored by Jesus. (1 John 1:7)
Consider how living backward, stuck in the chaos, unwilling to step into the light of being known, seen, and heard, is actually hurting your life and the lives that it touches, as well as stealing from your present and those the Lord has called you to reach with your story. His Cross has given you power for a new redeemed chapter to your story. If that is true – and it is – what keeps you from being real in Him?
- Time to ask yourself a few hard questions: Do you want to stop robbing yourself of the freedom and joy of knowing God can both heal and use YOUR messy story?
- Do you want YOUR life to have an eternal impact for God’s kingdom beyond this currently all-consuming chaos?
- Do you want to travel the healing path alone or with others who get it and are there for encouragement and support?
What are the benefits to you and to others of you BEING REAL?
If your heart is craving the possibility of being real and being free to let Him heal you and others through your messy story, please share that with me in an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at “Contact Coach Kristin” page.
Here are a few other blogs I have written that might help you process this journey further: