Would you appreciate a protected place where you have opportunity to grow past the hurt, shame, fear, anger, or bitterness created by abuse?
Would you love a safe place to tell your story and encourage other wounded women in theirs?
I have written many blogs over the last year. They have been to share who I am, who Christ is, and how I desire to partner with you on the journey to wholeness in Him. The details were there to show you where I have been and where the Lord is taking me, desiring that you would travel with me.
When we feel alone and misunderstood we tend to stay put. Why go out into the light when it is where we have been hurt before? Fear leaves us in survival mode and creates a trap. This trap keeps us from really living.
It IS “safe”, but it is NOT life.
“Growing Beyond Your Wounds” is that safe place to take steps out of the darkness and into the light. Everyone invited has been abused, either verbally, emotionally, or sexually – or maybe all three. Our shared scars create a place where we do not have to defend our wounds. All there already understand the damage abuse creates. We are all somewhere between daily struggles that keep us down to finding freedom as we allow God to heal us. Depending on the day, we can trade places on this journey because unknown triggers can cause relapses of fear and mistrust.
My goal as the creator and administrator:
2 Corinthians 4:5-7 says this, “What we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. 7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.”
I do not want the focus to be me, but the Lord. I want to serve you how other women in the Body of Christ, and Christ Himself, have served me in my healing and growth toward wholeness in Him. It is the very reason I call my coaching business Unchanging God Changing You. I am not the source of transformation. God is. And that is where I want this page to focus – on who He is and what the details of your life mean for how you live forward with confidence in Him. Real transformation happens because of Him.
HE is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. (John 14:6)
What does this secret Facebook page offer you?
- Share Encourage Engage There will be questions that give you an opportunity to respond. Your responses will give you a chance to share your story, engage others where they are in theirs, and enable the benefit of mutual encouragement from other wounded women on the journey of healing and wholeness.
- Built on the Word: God‘s and Others This is the place to post encouraging verses from God’s Word that you have found helpful. It can be from Pinterest or Facebook or created by you and uploaded there. God’s Word is the key to changing our perspectives from fear to faith, overcoming the lies of our flesh and Satan. God uses others to share His wisdom in their own words. Quotes from others that have impacted how you view life can be equally helpful. They do not outweigh His Word but support it’s work your life.
- Praises What has the Lord been up to on your healing journey? What is going well? What courageous decision or step did you make or take? This encourages all of us to believe God answers our prayers and cares about our steps of faith.
- Please Pray Where we will learn to ask the Lord for power, insight, tools, and healing. Living forward with confidence in Him and without fear, is a battle the Lord wants you to win. We do not receive, because we do not ask. Or we do not ask with His heart for us, seeking to avoid or bypass the pain of growth that truly transforms. Do we believe He can or will? Do we trust Him with the unknown tomorrow? What needs to change so we can? These are the prayers we need to know and pray for each other so we can grow BEYOND our wounds and get out of the past into His future.
- Tools Articles, books, videos and other support chat groups, can be a great source of challenge, new perspectives, and growth. Some of these might also include blogs, You-Tube videos, sermons, or community events we learn of in the area you live. Sources I have plus the ones you have will equal a greater pool of information where someone might say something in a way that the Lord uses to shine light into areas previously trapped in darkness. They were keys to OUR healing and may be keys for others as well.
How will I create and keep this place safe?
When invited and you arrive at the site, you will be able to read the boundaries of the page’s use and confidentiality. Be assured it will be very well protected and a place you can flourish as you learn to know Jesus more clearly, love others on the same journey, and grow into the confident woman the Lord created you to be.
How do you join?
By emailing me, Facebook messaging me, or Direct Messaging on Twitter. Tell me that you are interested. When you contact me, please tell a little about who you are and how you think this page will help you in your journey toward healing. You should then receive an invite to join “Growing Beyond Your Wounds”. Click accept and you can go in and begin interacting with others there and all who will arrive after.
If this community sounds like what you need, let me know. If you know of any friends or relatives that would benefit, share this post with them. Thank you for your trust over the last year and in years to come – Lord willing!